Cincinnati Mini-Storage is a family owned and operated business. We are proud to serve the diverse university and college storage needs of students in the Cincinnati metro area. Cincinnati Mini-Storage is conveniently located off the Hopple Street exit near Cincinnati State University (1.2 miles) and the University of Cincinnati (2.5 miles).
Since most campus residence halls don’t allow students to keep their belongings at school over the summer, students are faced with either finding a place to store everything or moving their belongings back home for the summer. Renting student storage can be more convenient than moving all your dorm contents home in the summer only to have to move them back in the fall.
Why do students need storage?
- Convenience – Dorms and student housing provide only enough space for the essentials. Need more space? Consider renting a unit for your seasonal clothing, books, or recreational items. Our gate hours (6 a.m. to 10 p.m.) make it easy to access your personal items before or after class when it is convenient for you! Moving all your personal property home in the summer, just to move it all back in the fall is tedious. Leaving dorm belongings in storage near campus is a much more convenient option.
- Cost – Students with smaller vehicles might need to rent a trailer or truck to return home with their personal property (only to have to rent it again to return to school). You can save yourself money, time, and effort by renting storage close to campus for the summer.
- Times of Transition – Moving from a dorm in the spring to an apartment in fall? Need to store personal items during a summer internship? Are you spending a semester abroad? Storage is an excellent option for you!
What size unit does a student need?
- 5’x5’ – A 5’x5’ will work for most students. It is comparable to a large closet. The size of the door and the height of the unit gives a large volume of space to stack items. Even things like a desk can be stored on end in these units.
- 5’x10’ – A 5’x10’ will give more room for furniture. You can store several pieces of furniture and washer / dryer or upright refrigerator.